All of these different methods of buying bitcoins come with their own methods. In this article, we’ll discuss the 5 best ways to buy Bitcoin with Debit Card instantly.
In addition to Bitcoins, you should know that another great cryptocurrency to buy is Ethereum. It’s currently one of the fastest rising cryptocurrencies in the market. However, Bitcoin remains the best and most valued cryptocurrency for now.
Before you go ahead and buy Bitcoins, you should first secure a storage method. There are a lot of online wallets and hardware wallets you can use to store Bitcoins. However, I would suggest using hardware wallets as they can’t be hacked. The best hardware wallets in the market right now are Ledger Nano S and Trezor.
Comparative Table of 5 Best Ways to Buy Bitcoin with Debit Card Instantly
There are a lot of great cryptocurrency exchange platforms with which you can buy Bitcoins with debit cards instantly. In the following comparative table I’ve compared the basic features of the 5 best ones so you can narrow down your options.
|Coinbase Review||3.99%||Great||32 Countries - Europe, US, Canada||Buy|
|BitPanda Review||3-4%||Good||Only Europe||Buy|
|CEX.IO Review||7%||Great||Global, with Credit/Debit restrictions||Buy|
PART 1: Coinbase
Coinbase is the most popular cryptocurrency exchange platform in the world right now. That’s largely because it’s the first platform most beginners use to get a hang of how cryptocurrencies work. It allows you to buy all the major cryptocurrencies, using all the major payment methods, including debit cards. The verification process is slightly complicated as you have to provide a photo ID along with your email address.
How to buy Bitcoins with debit card in Coinbase:
- Register with a valid email address and get it verified.
- Provide all the government documents that they ask for.
- In order to add you debit card, you have to go to Payment Methods > Add Payment Method > Card.
- You have to now verify your debit card. Coinbase will make two small refundable transactions from your account. You have to check the exact amount from your card statement and enter that.
- Go to Buy Digital Currency > Bitcoin.
- Enter the amount of Bitcoins you want to buy in the ‘Buy/Sell’ option.
- Choose your debit card.
- Complete the purchase.
The following is a YouTube video to demonstrate the process:
For further queries, contact Coinbase Support.
Geographical Availability: It’s available in 32 Countries, including the US, Europe, Singapore, and Canada. You can check if they’re available in your country here.
Fees: 3.99% on all Credit/Debit card purchases.
Read: Coinbase Review
PART 2: BitPanda
BitPanda is one of the most popular exchange platforms in Europe. It’s only available to EU nations, however, it charges a very low transaction fee and is very reliable.
How to Buy Bitcoins with BitPanda:
- Go to BitPanda Registration.
- Enter your email id and sign up.
- Go to the payment option and enter your debit card. You can only make payment from a 3D-Secure Mastercard or a Verified by Visa card.
- Enter the amount of bitcoins and use your debit card to pay.
- You’ll receive an SMS or an email notification. Confirm the order.
The following video will give you a detailed outlook of the process:
For further queries, go to their Help Page.
Geographical Availability: Only in Europe.
Fees: The transaction fee for a debit card is between 3 to 4%.
Read: BitPanda Review
PART 3: Paxful
Paxful is one of the two most popular peer to peer platforms in which buyers and sellers of cryptocurrencies can meet, strike a deal, and trade. Paxful itself acts an escrow account. As such, you have to send the payment to Paxful, and release it once your seller has sent the cryptocurrencies to you.
Because you deal with sellers individually, you can use a wide range of payment methods according to their preferences. However, platforms like these are also breeding grounds for scammers and frauds. As such, you should vet each possible content properly bu checking their transaction details, reputation, etc. It’s not the ideal platform for beginners as they can more easily get scammed.
How to Buy Bitcoins with Debit Card in Paxful:
- Register with Paxful.
- Create an account with your email address.
- Go to Payment Methods > Debit Card. Enter your details.
- Transactions will be made on the card. You have to verify the card by stating what was the exact amount.
- Enter the amount of bitcoins you’re looking to purchase.
- You’ll be given a list of sellers and their accepted payment methods and terms. Go through them and select a seller you feel is trustworthy and meets your needs.
- Send a trade request.
- Once you’ve struck a deal, send the funds to the escrow account.
- Once you get your bitcoins, release the funds.
You can watch this entire process in the following video:
Geographical Availability: Paxful is available across the globe.
Fees: Buyers aren’t charged any transaction fees from Paxful. Sellers are only charged 1%.
Read: Paxful Review
PART 4: LocalBitcoins
LocalBitcoins is the most popular peer-to-peer cryptocurrency exchange platform in the market. It allows you to connect with bitcoin sellers from around the world and pay with debit cards. The rate is established by the individual sellers and LocalBitcoins doesn’t take any transaction fees from the buyers.
You have to deposit your funds to the LocalBitcoins escrow account using your debit card. Once you get the bitcoins in your wallet, release the payment.
There are a lot of fraud or scam sellers in the platform so you should be on high alert. Furthermore, if you’re a beginner you should practice a lot of caution and follow all the platform guidelines thoroughly.
Buying Bitcoins with debit card in LocalBitcoins:
- Go to LocalBitcoins.
- Enter the amount of bitcoins that you’re looking to buy, along with your country or city preferences, based on where you’re located.
- You can now vet all the sellers that meet your requirements based on their past transactions, feedback, etc.
- Send a trade request to the sellers.
- Deposit funds into your escrow account with your debit card. Once you receive the bitcoins in your wallet, release the funds to the seller.
The following video will show you exactly how LocalBitcoins works:
Geographical Availability: LocalBitcoins is available across the globe.
Fees: LocalBitcoins charges a 1% transaction fee, but only from the sellers, not the buyers.
Read: LocalBitcoins Review
PART 5: CEX.IO
CEX.IO is one of the most popular, sophisticated, and expensive exchange platforms in the market. It’s generally used by those who are well experienced in cryptocurrency trading and those who like the convenience of being able to use a mobile app.
The worst aspect of CEX is the lengthy verification process which entails a 2-factor authentication including both your email and your cell phone. Furthermore, you also have to verify your identity with a selfie holding the government ID, and then verify your debit card by doing the same.
How to buy Bitcoins using debit card ih CEX.IO:
- Register to CEX.IO with your email address.
- Go to Payment > Card > Debit Card. Enter the details and then take a picture of yourself holding the card and send it.
- Once the verification is complete — approximately 48 hours — you can enter the amount of Bitcoins you want to purchase.
- Use your debit card to pay for the bitcoins.
You can watch the following video to clarify the process:
Geographical Availability: It’s available in all countries. However, the following countries aren’t allowed credit card payments: Iceland, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Yemen.
Furthermore, the following US states also don’t accept CEX.IO: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, U.S. Virgin Islands, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington.
Fees: CEX.IO charges a 7% plus the credit card transaction fee. You can check out the complete fee structure here.
Read: CEX.IO Review
There are a lot of different options when it comes to buying bitcoins with debit card instantly. My personal recommendation would be to use Coinbase as it’s reasonable and it’s the most reliable and beginner-friendly platform.
However, if you belong to a country that doesn’t support Coinbase, you can use CEX.IO which has a high transaction fee, or one of the p2p platforms which can be risky.
Whatever you use, do comment about it down below and let us know about your experience!