One of the reasons that it has been received so favorably by people is that it’s extremely user friendly and as such this is the platform that all beginners start with. It supports active trading in all of the major cryptocurrencies such as Litecoin, Bitcoin, and Ethereum, and it accepts payment in major fiat currencies and payment methods. Furthermore, even its transaction fee is a moderate 3.75%.
The only real issue with this platform is that it’s only available in 32 countries around the world, mostly focused in North America and Europe. As such, it’s not perfect for everyone. You can check if your geographical location is supported here.
If you want a detailed overview of Coinbase and its features, you can read our Coinbase Review. In this article, I’ll show you how to buy Ethereum in Coinbase instantly.
Broadly speaking, there are two methods whereby to buy Ethereum in Coinbase. You can do so via the web browser, or you can do so through the mobile app. Below, we’ll explore both those options.
PART 1: Buy ETH in Coinbase Instantly via Web Browser
This is the most common method by which to buy ETH in Coinbase instantly. You can log into the web browser in your computer and follow these steps:
- Sign Up with Coinbase.
- Enter your email address. When you receive the confirmation email, click on the link and verify your email.
- You’ll be asked to submit crucial documents to verify your identity. This will include your photo ID.
- Go to your account and check if the verification is complete.
- If the verification is done, you can proceed.
- Go to the “Buy/Sell” Page.
- Select ‘Ethereum’ as the currency.
- Enter the amount of Ethereum coins that you want to buy.
- Select the payment method from the ‘Payment’ tab. This can be bank transfer, wire transfer, or credit/debit card payment.
- Confirm the order and click on ‘Buy Ethereum.’
With these simple steps you’ll receive the Ethereum in your Coinbase account within 10 minutes!
If you’re still confused about the process you can watch the following video for a step-by-step tutorial:
PART 2: Buy ETH in Coinbase Instantly via Android or iOS app
Coinbase also comes in mobile apps, so you can hold your transaction on the go as well. You have to follow these steps:
- Download the Coinbase app from Apple Store or Google Play Store.
- In the top left corner of the screen, you’ll find the menu option. Click on that.
- Go to ‘Buy.’
- Select the Ethereum currency.
- Enter the amount that you want to buy.
- Choose a payment method, either bank transfer, wire transfer, or credit/debit card.
- Review your order and click on ‘Buy Ethereum.’
If you’re having trouble using the app, you can watch the following Guide on Using the Coinbase App:
Alternatives to Coinbase
Coinbase is a great platform wherein to purchase your Ethereum. However, as mentioned earlier already, it has its limitations in terms of geographical availability. If you’re from the US, Canada, or any of the 32 countries that it supports, you’re good to go. However, if you’re from one of the other countries, you’ll need to look into other exchange platforms from which to buy Ethereum.
In the following table, I’ve made a comparison of the 5 Best Places to buy Ethereum. Some of these platforms, like Changelly, CEX, and Coinmama have global compatibility. You can go through the comparative table to figure out which platform works best for you.
|Coinbase Review||3.75%||Great||Email+ Coinbase “Community”||Buy|
|LocalBitcoins Review||1.0%||Good||Quick responses to online support tickets||Buy|
|Paxful Review||0% from buyer, 1% from seller||Good||Forum,live chat and email.||Buy|
|BitPanda Review||1.0% to 4.0%||Good||Buy|
|CEX.IO Review||0.5% to 2.0%||Great||Buy|
|Bitbond Review||1.0% to 2.5%||Good||Buy|
So now you know how to buy Ethereum in Coinbase instantly using both the web browser and the mobile app. As such, you’ll be able to conduct your transactions wherever you may be.
However, while Coinbase allows you to store coins in their platform, it’s extremely risky as online storage can be liable to getting hacked. As such, you should use it as a temporary storage and then move your coins to hardware wallets such as Ledger Nano S and Trezor. Since hardware wallets aren’t connected to the internet, they can never be hacked and are the most secure means of holding your Ethereum.
If you have any other questions, please comment down below and let me know!